The Secrets to Avoiding Addictive Gambling
Narcotic drugs aren’t the only things that are addictive in this world. Gambling is also addictive. There have been a lot of incidences of people stealing, getting too indebted sometimes even committing suicide just because of gambling problems. In addition Gambling happens legally in 27 states in the US.
Some people say it’s hard not to get addicted to gambling. Actually, it is only a matter of self control and knowing when to stop. Gambling need not be addictive if you don’t view it as that.
Off course, gambling is all around us, simple bingo nights for charity, bets with friends, these are all a gamble, but why doesn’t everybody get addicted if it’s this widespread? The answer is everyone that’s not addicted knew when to quit.
Most compulsive gamblers lose their rationality and actually believe that they are “lucky”, that there’s no way that they can lose.
First of all you must know that eventually, everybody loses in gambling. The only party that wins is the company. Gambling was designed to produce net profits for the owners.
If you are gambling for recreation and not for winning, it may only be a matter of time before you become a professional gambler. These are the people who live off betting and risking. A large win might be the single trigger to make you believe that you’ll always win. And this isn’t the correct mindset.
If you catch yourself finding the urge to gamble, why not ask your family or friends to play with you in a low-risk game, like bet tonight’s dessert or who gets to take out the garbage. As much as possible, never bet with money.
If you’re starting to have gambling impulses, better stay off casinos or any place that focuses on gambling. Ask the help of family or friends so that you won’t’ be tempted.
When the addiction is really starting to get hold, it’s probably best to find an organization or a share group in your community that deals with these types of addiction. Like Alcoholism, Gambling addiction is curable, and what better cure than prevention.
Remember, gambling is your choice, you’re not being forced into it; you don’t have to do it to have a good time. If you’re starting to think of borrowing money just to finance your gambling, tell someone close to you about it and with their help, discuss the disadvantages and probable problems that could come out of too much gambling.
Tips on Beating the Odds!
There seems to be a thousand ways to gamble just as are there are a thousand ways and chances to lose. But let's face it, for most betters gambling is not about living the "bet-and-leave-if-you-lose" attitude. They play to win!
In any endeavor, it's essential to know the rules of the game in order to play it better and stay on the winning edge. Keeping simple advice in mind and mastering several gaming strategies before jumping into any gambling activity will help you increase your chances of beating the bookies and eventually overpower them.
While it's true that this article aims to develop your winning potential, one mustn't forget that gambling is not all about winning. We gamble for fun while keeping a system which helps us defeat the percentage of losing.
Here are a few tips which you can apply when engaging in any gambling activity. It is also important to keep in mind that these systems are not perfect but following them offers you a great deal of certainty in winning.
• Keep It Small - Going small time won't hurt and is good to your pocket. Big time betting is perfect if you are sure that your chance of winning is always 100%. You may lose your money in the end but you may have enjoyed the activity for a long time.
• Bet With Lucky Pals - There are hands and there are hands for gambling. Bet with lucky gamblers of the day. No matter how you master the system operating on every game, if the day does not favor your side then live with it. Joseph Conrad once said that, "It is the mark of an inexperienced man not to believe in luck."
• Eye on the Pattern - Go with the flow. Bet on the numbers/players which gets the most wins. Predict its chances by keeping history of their wins and loses. This helps you formulate a decision when risking your stake for them.
• Avoid the favorites! - Good betting is impeded by unhealthy judgment about favorite players, numbers, etc. Improve your judgment by weighing the odds while looking at other prospects that get the possibility of winning.
• Unleash Your Psychic powers - Confucius implied that the first thing that comes in your mind is usually the best answer to a question. Playing on your inner psychic power pays!
• Stop Ahead - Be in control of your winnings. Take over gambling more than it takes over you.
• Gamble for fun - While it’s true that some people gamble to win, we must also consider that it was originally created to provide fun and entertainment. Investing in gambling is a bad idea!